These won’t last long as one is never enough! We’ve put a tasty twist on these traditional cookies, rolling them in finely chopped almonds. You get a lovely crunchy texture on the outside and a delicious nutty flavour that goes perfectly with the drop of Craig’s jam.
- 150g butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 cup slivered almonds, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Craig’s Blueberry Jam
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Beat the butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the egg and beat until combined.
2. Mix in the flour.
3. Roll heaped tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Dip the balls into the beaten egg white, brushing off any excess before rolling them in the chopped almonds. Place on a baking paper lined oven tray, leaving enough room between the cookies as they will spread a little. Make a hollow in the centre of the cookie with your thumb or use the end of a wooden spoon. Drop a small amount (about ½ teaspoon) of Craig’s Blueberry Jam into the hollow.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the biscuits are golden and cooked. Transfer to a cake rack to cool. Keep in an airtight container.