Corny cheesy cupcakes
Who doesn’t love a savoury muffin? This one’s extra delish with the nutty Cheddar taste of Mainland Egmont. Better make a double batch.
- Lunch box
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Mainland Egmont Cheese
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 50g melted Mainland Original Butter
- 1 cup milk, mixed with one teaspoon of vinegar to sour it
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 4 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 3 slices of ham, chopped
1. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper, and cheese.
2. Add the corn, parsley and ham if using.
3. Gently stir in the butter, soured milk and eggs to the muffin batter. Careful not to over-mix.
4. Spoon into greased muffin tins of your choice and bake at 180°C for 12 to 14 minutes or until they are light and firm to touch.
5. Cool on a wire rack and try to resist the temptation.