Make lunchtimes fun with this quirky twist (or roll) on sushi.
- 3 slices of whole wheat sandwich bread
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken (leftover roast is perfect)
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into long, thin sticks
- 1 avocado, pitted and quartered
1. Cut the crusts off each slice of bread and roll out as thin as possible with a rolling pin. Place the long side of the rolled out bread closest to you. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on each slice of rolled out bread.
2. Thinly spread one third of the shredded chicken onto half of the bread lengthwise. On top of the chicken, arrange some of the cucumber sticks and avocado making sure not to over pack the roll (a little goes a long way).
3. Starting at the side closest to you (the filled end) tightly roll and press to seal into a roll (dab a bit of mayonnaise across the end of the roll to act as a glue sealing the roll).
4. Cut the roll into four even pieces and repeat with remaining bread and chicken.