Afghan biscuit slice
Looking to do a spot of baking? Our Afghan biscuit slice is easy to prepare and with no messy rolling required, this recipe is the perfect addition to any lunchbox or bake sale!
- 200g + 30g butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cup plain flour
- ¼ cup + ¼ cup good quality cocoa powder
- 2 cups Pams Cornflakes
- 2 cups icing sugar
- ¼ cup Pams Walnut Pieces or Halves
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius fan bake. In a mixing bowl, beat together 200g softened butter and the brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder, then mix until just combined. Fold the cornflakes into the biscuit mixture, then transfer to a lined slice tin.
- Spread the biscuit mixture evenly across the lined tin. Place into the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the biscuit is firm to the touch and golden around the edges. Set aside to cool.
- To make the icing, melt the remaining butter in a small bowl. Add the remaining cocoa powder and icing sugar, along with enough hot water to form a thick but spreadable paste.
- Once the slice has cooled, spread the icing evenly over the surface. Sprinkle the walnuts over the top, then place into the fridge to set for 30 minutes before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
SKILL LEVEL: EASY
TIP: When buying cocoa powder, look for one that is dark in colour! This will result in rich, flavoursome baking.