Banana and honey butter pancakes
These pancakes are light, fluffy, and include a perfect combination to start the day in a delicious way. Enjoy!
View the method
- 150g softened butter, plus extra for cooking
- ¼ cup J.Friend and Co Manuka Honey
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 400ml milk
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- Toasted flaked almonds and honey, to serve
Back to ingredients
- To make the whipped butter, place the softened butter, honey and milk in a mixing bowl. Using a whisk or electric mixer, beat for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- To make the pancake batter, combine the mashed banana, eggs and milk in a large bowl. Sieve the self raising flour into the wet ingredients, and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- Bring a non-stick frying pan to a medium heat. Add enough butter to coat the pan, then once melted, add spoonfuls of batter to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles begin to appear on the surface, then drop a couple of blueberries onto the surface before flipping and cooking for a final 1-2 minutes. Keep warm in the oven.
- To serve the pancakes, stack 3-4 pancakes on top of each other on a plate. Top with a generous dollop of honey butter, sprinkle with flaked almonds and drizzle with more honey. Serve immediately.