A batch of these moreish morsels is so easy to make and goes a very long way! This recipe is very economical but if you want to jazz it up, use the very best chocolate you can afford.
- 250 grams butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1¼ cups chopped dark cooking chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Beat in the condensed milk and vanilla essence.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and stir into the butter mixture alternately with the chopped chocolate.
- Roll into balls the size a golf ball or small apricot and place on the prepared trays at least 8-10cm apart to allow for spreading; flatten with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden. Allow to cool on the baking trays before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Tips: Dip the fork in flour when flattening the biscuits to prevent it sticking to the mixture.