Decorated christmas biscuits
Simple scrumtptious biscuits, perfect for gifts or decorations.
- 300 g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 100 g butter, cubed
- 100 g Chelsea dark cane sugar
- 1/3 cup Chelsea honey maple syrup
- 2 Eggs, size 6
- 300 g Chelsea icing sugar
- 3 tbsp hot water
- ribbon, silver balls, Chelsea coffee sugar crystals, for decoration
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder and spice in a food processor bowl.
- With the food processor running add the pre-measured butter, sugar, syrup and eggs and mix until it's a firm dough.
- Wrap dough in cling film and refrigertate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 170ºc.
- Cut the chilled dough in half and roll out to about 5mm thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Using the biscuit cutters cut into Christmassy shapes and using a plastic straw or icing nozzle cut a small hole at the top of each biscuit.
- For a full batch do this again with your remaining dough and scraps.
- Place your uncooked biscuits on a tray lined with baking paper and put in the middle of the oven for 10-15minutes.
- When the biscuits are light borwn take them out and cool them on a wire rack.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl, gradually add hot water until you've got a smooth paste.
- Pipe the icing onto yuor cooled biscuits and decorate.
- Once the icing has set you can thread ribbon or cotton through the holes.