Triple chocolate cookies
These heavenly cookies will light up any chocolate lovers life! Whether you’re baking for friends or the 3pm sugar craving has hit, this cookie recipe will put a smile on anyone’s face; with chunks of dark chocolate scattered throughout, you’ll be going back for thirds.
- 125g dark chocolate, chopped
- 150g plain flour
- 30g dark cocoa powder
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 125g salted butter, softened
- 75g soft light brown sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 large egg (cold from the fridge)
- 350g dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Melt the chopped dark chocolate gently in the microwave or over a bain marie. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, white and brown sugar. Add the melted chocolate, and stir well to combine. Beat in the egg.
- Carefully fold the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, followed by the chocolate chunks. Use an ice cream scoop to spoon the dough onto a lined tray, leaving 5cm between each cookie.
- Cook for 16-18 minutes, or until a skewer comes out slightly wet.
- Leave to cool slightly, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.