Everyone loves chocolate cookies and these are sure to hit the spot. With both cocoa and chocolate chips, these brookies are decadently fudgy.
- 200g Donovan’s dark chocolate chips
- 125g butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup self raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Donavan’s cocoa powder
- ½ cup Donovan’s white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius fan bake, and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper. Place a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, and gently melt the dark chocolate chips and butter while stirring. Remove the bowl, and leave to cool.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and salt into a bowl. Place the eggs, caster sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a separate bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for 5 minutes or until light and creamy in colour, then stream the chocolate into the egg mixture while mixing.
- Work quickly to pour the dry ingredients and white chocolate chips into the wet mixture, and mix until a dough forms. If the mixture is loose, leave to sit for 5-10 minutes to firm up.
- Scoop or spoon balls of the cookie dough onto the lined trays, leaving 5-10cm between each cookie for spread during baking. Place into the oven, and bake for 10-12 minutes or until set on the edges and crinkled on the surface.
- Leave the cookies to cool on the tray for 15-20 minutes, before transferring. Sprinkle with sea salt to finish, then enjoy or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.