- 125 g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 3/4 cup Plain unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 cup chopped cherries
- Rich chocolate topping
- 75 g dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 12 muffin tins with paper cupcake cases or use silicon cases - place them on a baking tray.
- In a wide bowl, beat the butter , sugar and vanilla essence together until light. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour , cocoa, baking powder and baking soda together. Fold the sifted dry ingredients into the creamed mixture alternatively with the yoghurt. Lastly fold in the cherries. Divide the mixture evenly among the cupcake cases.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cupcakes are well risen and springy to the touch. While cooking, prepare the rich chocolate cream.
- Serve the cupcakes warm or cold dusted with icing sugar or spread with rich chocolate cream and decorate with cachous or patterned cake sprinkles as wished.
Rich chocolate cream
- Chop the chocolate roughly and place in a small jug with the cream. Microwave on full power (100%) for 45-60 seconds or until the chocolate pieces have almost melted.
- Stir until you have a smooth cream; if necessary microwave a little longer.