- 1 tablespoon Pams Butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Pams Brown Sugar
- 4 nectarines, sliced into wedges
- 125g Pams Butter, extra
- 1 cup Pams Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups Pams Self Raising Flour
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup ground almonds
- Mascarpone or whipped cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Lightly grease and line a 22cm springform cake tin with baking paper. Spread the 1 tablespoon of butter onto the lined base and spread evenly. Sprinkle over the brown sugar. Arrange the nectarine slices on the butter and brown sugar mixture.
- Place the extra butter, caster sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold the flour into the creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk. Fold in the ground almonds. Spoon the batter evenly over the nectarines.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Remove the tin from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes. Release the springform mechanism, then carefully turn the cake out onto a platter. Serve warm with mascarpone or whipped cream on the side.