Carrot cake inspired baked oats
Oats are reinvented with these moreish carrot cake inspired oats, a delicious and nutritious start to any day! Served with a dollop of yoghurt, a drizzle of maple and a sprinkling of chopped nuts, this is the perfect dessert for breakfast solution.
- 1 cup Pams rolled oats
- 1 tsp Pams baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas
- 2 Tbsp Pams maple syrup or clover honey
- ½ large carrot, peeled and grated
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius fan bake. Place all ingredients, aside from the grated carrot, into a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth, then add the carrot and pulse lightly to combine.
- Divide the oats mixture amongst two greased ramekins. Place onto a baking tray, and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the oats are lightly golden and clean when tested with a skewer. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before serving, then enjoy.
Chef's tip: Finish these baked oats topped with a dollop of yoghurt, a drizzle of honey or maple syrup and sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired.