- 2 cups Pams Self-Raising Flour
- 1tsp white sugar
- 100g Pams butter, chilled
- ½ cup + 1 cup Pams Edam Grated Cheese
- ⅔ cup milk of your choice
- Marmite, Vegemite or savoury yeast spread
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius fan bake. Place the flour, sugar and butter into a food processor. Season with salt and pepper, then pulse until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add ½ cup grated cheese, then pulse 1-2 times to lightly chop the cheese. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, then add the milk and use your hands to mix until a soft dough forms.
- Lightly dust a clean work surface with extra flour, then roll the dough into a large rectangle around ½ cm thick.
- Lay the rectangle wide horizontally. Spread an even layer of Marmite or Vegemite over the rectangle, leaving a 1cm border at the top edge. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the spread, then roll horizontally into a log.
- Trim the edges, then cut into 12 pieces. Nestle the scrolls into a greased muffin tin cut-side up, then place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy warm or store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Top tip: Need fresh scrolls on hand any time of the week? Freeze the baked scrolls and store them in a container, then remove individually as needed and allow to defrost overnight. Warm in the microwave or oven if desired!