Chocolate caramel slice
This truly is the best-ever caramel slice – the thick layer of delicious caramel is sandwiched between a coconut biscuit base and lush, mouth-watering chocolate.
- • 1 cup plain flour
- • 1/2 cup Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar
- • 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- • 125 g butter, melted
- • 100 g butter, extra
- • 2 cans Highlander Sweetened Condensed Milk
- • 1/3 cup Chelsea Golden Syrup
- • 1 pkt (180g) Nestlé Bakers’ Choice Milk Chunks melted
- • 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 180°c/160°c fan forced. Lightly grease an 18cm x 28cm slice tin; line base and sides with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar and coconut. Add melted butter, mix well. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. Cool.
- Combine extra butter, Highlander Sweetened Condensed Milk and Chelsea Golden Syrup in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth. Pour over base. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until caramel is golden brown. Cool.
- Combine melted Nestlé Bakers’ Choice Milk Chunks and oil, stir until smooth, and pour evenly over caramel.
- Refrigerate to set. Cut into small squares to serve.