- 125g + 50g butter, softened
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- ½ cup + 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1tsp baking soda
- 3 ripened bananas
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius fan bake. In a large mixing bowl, cream together 125g softened butter, ½ cup caster sugar, ½ cup brown sugar and the vanilla using an electric beater or whisk until light and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Sieve together the flour and baking powder with a pinch of salt, then fold into the wet ingredients.
- In a small jug, whisk together the milk and baking soda. Add to the batter, along with two mashed bananas, until just combined; ensuring not to overmix. Melt the remaining butter, then mix with the remaining sugars and ground cinnamon.
- To assemble the banana bread, spoon ⅓ of the batter into a lined loaf tin. Dollop half of the melted butter and sugar mixture, then use a skewer to marble into the batter. Repeat the layers and finish with the last ⅓ of batter on top.
- Slice the remaining banana in half lengthways, then lay cut side up on top of the banana bread. Place into the center of the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when tested. Leave to cool completely before slicing as needed, then enjoy.
TOP TIP: Once the loaf has cooled, slice the banana bread and freeze in portions for quick go-to baking, any time of the week. Simply defrost at room temperature and toast if desired!