- 1 cup chopped dried dates
- 2 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to moderate (180ºC) and grease a loaf pan.
- Combine dates and golden syrup in a large heatproof bowl
- Add the water and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Add sugar, rolled oats and sifted flour and baking soda.
- Stir into the date mixture until well combined.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for approximately 50 minutes or until cooked through to the centre.
- Stand 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool.