- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) Bournville Cocoa
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 315g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) buttermilk
- 200g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g Cadbury Dark Baking Chips
- 500g Cream Cheese Icing, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Bournville Cocoa
- 9 giant marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan-forced.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and sugar into a large bowl. Whisk the buttermilk, butter, eggs, vinegar and vanilla in a large jug. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture. Stir in the buttermilk mixture until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture among the 18 lined muffin pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the icing with cocoa.
- To make the bunny ears, use large scissors to cut each marshmallow across into 4 pieces.
- Decorate the cupcakes with icing and marshmallow bunny ears.
Note: for white icing, do not add the cocoa.