Have some fun this Easter and make these super cute cupcakes. They’re so colourful and the kids will love helping you to decorate them. Arrange them on a cake stand and have them as the yummy centrepiece for an afternoon tea with family and friends.
- 100g Pams Butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup Pams Caster Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Pams Self Raising flour
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 125g Pam Butter, softened
- 1½ cups Pams Icing Sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup toasted shredded coconut
- Mini eggs for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 12 muffin tins with paper cases.
- Place the butter, vanilla essence and caster sugar in a bowl and beat until creamy and pale. Add the eggs and beat well. Stir in the flour alternately with the milk. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, or until the cupcakes are golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
- To make the icing, beat the butter in a small bowl until it is light and fluffy. Add the icing sugar and milk and continue beating until the mixture is very creamy and light.
- Pipe or spread a ring of the icing around the edge of the cooled cupcakes. Top each cupcake with toasted coconut to form a nest. Place mini eggs into the centre of each nest.