Easy cheese scones
These wonderful cheese scones are so easy to whip up. Serve with hot soup or for afternoon tea with cream and jam and you'll be amazed at how quickly they disappear!
View the method
- 3 cups plain flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of grated Tasty cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk (approximately)
Back to ingredients
- Preheat the over to 200C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt and cheese) into a bowl and mix together.
- Add the egg and most of the milk.
- Mix together by cutting through the mixture with a knife (this avoids over-mixing which gives tough scones).
- The mixture should be quite wet so add the remaining milk if required and mix in.
- Turn the mixture onto a floured surface.
- Cut into shapes, place on the lined baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- The scones are ready when risen and golden brown.