- 3 cups plain flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of grated Tasty cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk (approximately)
For cheese and ham scones add:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped ham
- Preheat the over to 200C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, ham and cheese) into a bowl and mix together.
- Add the egg and most of the milk.
- Mix together by cutting through the mixture with a knife (this avoids over-mixing which gives tough scones).
- The mixture should be quite wet so add the remaining milk if required and mix in.
- Turn the mixture onto a floured surface.
- Cut into shapes, place on the lined baking tray, sprinkle a little cheese on top and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- The scones are ready when risen and golden brown.