Fluffy cinnamon rolls
Say kia ora to soft and fluffy homemade cinnamon rolls! The most desirable recipe you absolutely must include in your repertoire to enjoy every and any day of the week. These delightful rolls of perfection are pillowy clouds of joy, made of dreams and full of warm fuzzies.
- ¾ cup milk, warmed
- 2 tsp Pams Active Yeast
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 125g Pams pure butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups high grade flour
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- In a bowl or stand mixer, stir together the warm milk and active yeast. Add the caster sugar, 50g melted butter and egg, then mix to combine.
- Carefully add the flour, 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of salt to the wet ingredients. Mix until a soft dough forms, then knead on high speed or with your hands until the dough is soft and stretchy.
- Transfer to a clean, greased bowl. Cover and leave to proof in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Once doubled in size, turn out onto a floured surface. Roll into a rectangle around ½ cm in thickness. Make the filling by combining the remaining butter, cinnamon and brown sugar, then spread over the rectangle; leaving a 1cm border at the top of the rectangle.
- Roll into a log, then place seam side down. Cut into 9 -10 pieces, then arrange in a greased baking dish 2 - 3cm apart. Cover and proof for 30 minutes, then bake at 200°C for 20 - 25 minutes or until lightly golden and bouncy to the touch. Leave to cool slightly then enjoy.
For a delectable finish, smother these warm cinnamon rolls with a cream cheese frosting. Simply whisk together ½ cup softened cream cheese and 1 cup icing sugar with a dash of milk and vanilla until smooth and creamy.