Fruit and almond biscotti
You can vary the fillings to suit in this traditional biscotti. Our top picks are macadamias, walnuts and chocolate chunks!
View the method
- 2 eggs (we recommend Pams Free Range)
- 1 cup Pams White Sugar
- 2 1/4 cups Pams Pure Plain Flour
- ½ teaspoon Pams Baking Powder
- ¾ cup Pams Fruit Cake Mix
- 70g Pams Sliced Almonds
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten (we recommend Pams Free Range)
Back to ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until pale and creamy.
- Add the combined flour and baking powder and mix well. Mix in the fruit cake mix and almonds.
- Turn out and knead the dough a little to make sure the fruit and nuts are incorporated. Divide the dough in half and form 2 logs.
- Place the logs on a baking paper lined tray, brush with the egg white and bake for 30 minutes. Make sure it doesn’t colour too quickly.
- Allow to cool for about 20 minutes and then slice into thin slices – a bread knife is best for this!
- Arrange the slices in a single layer on a baking tray and bake for a further 15 minutes until the biscotti is dry and firm.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.