- 350g dried fruit
- 60g (3/4 cups) All-Bran® Original
- 3/4 cup cold tea
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp mixed spice
- 110g (1/2 cup packed) brown sugar
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- Cut any large pieces of fruit to the size of a raisin. Combine the fruit, All-Bran® Original, tea and syrup in a large bowl and set aside for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 170oC. Line a 21 X 11 cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Sift the flour and spices together. Add the sugar and stir to combine. Add the egg and flour mix to the fruit and stir to combine. Add the apple and mix together. Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in tin before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- Can be served spread with salt-reduced margarine or ricotta.
- Can be sliced and frozen.