- 1 baguette cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 36 green, red or black seedless California grapes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 115g soft goat cheese
- 6 slices prosciutto
Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Lightly brush 12 slices of baguette with half of the olive oil and lay them directly on the middle rack of the oven. Toast for 5 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Put the remaining olive oil in a small sauté pan and warm over medium-high.
- Add the grapes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft and warmed through. Remove from heat. Sprinkle the balsamic vinegar over the grapes and add a few grindings of pepper.
- Top each baguette slice with one leaf of basil and spread the goat cheese evenly among the toasted slices. Cut each slice of prosciutto in half and drape over the cheese. Top each of the baguettes with three of the sautéed grapes. Serve.