Healthy choc chip cookies
These delicious healthy alternative choc chip cookies are made with chickpeas, but you won't even notice! They are easy to prepare and you can use gluten free ingredients for a gluten free version. Seriously delicious!
- 400g can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup dessicated coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Drain chickpeas and rinse thoroughly.
- Pat chickpeas dry with tea towel or hand towel.
- Place chickpeas and the rest of the ingredients, except for the choc chunks, into a food processor and blitz until it has turned into a cookie dough mixture.
- Add choc chucks and stir.
- Mixture will be quite wet. Make balls of the cookie dough on trays that are lined with baking paper.
- Cook at 170 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.