- 500 g orange kumara, peeled and chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup golden syrup or maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180C. line a 27 x 18 cm brownie tin with baking paper.
- Place the kumara into a medium saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes until the kumara is tender. Drain and mash then place into a medium bowl.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil, golden syrup or maple syrup, coconut sugar, and vanilla essence to the bowl and whisk to combine. Fold in the cocoa, flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Turn into the tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes until the brownie is just cooked in the centre. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Cut into squares and dust with icing sugar to serve.