Macadamia millionaires shortbread
These shortbreads are filled with the delicious flavour of macadamia, perfectly combined with Whittaker’s Creamy Milk Chocolate. Don't miss out on this yummy and sweet treat!
View the method
- 250g + 100g unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups plain flour
- 200ml golden syrup
- 2 x 395g tin condensed milk
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, lightly chopped
- 250g block Whittaker’s Creamy Milk Chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup cream
- Sea salt, to finish
Back to ingredients
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees celsius. In a large bowl, cream together 250g butter, caster sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the flour, and mix until a soft dough forms, then bring together with your hands.
- Press the shortbread dough into a lined slice tin, then place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- To make the caramel, combine the remaining butter, golden syrup, condensed milk and a pinch of salt in a saucepan. Place over a low to medium heat, and cook while stirring until the butter has melted and the mixture is fully combined.
- Sprinkle the chopped macadamia nuts over the baked shortbread base, then pour the caramel over the top. Return to the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes or until the caramel has set. Once baked, leave to cool then place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours or until completely cool.
- Place the chopped chocolate and cream into a heatproof bowl, and place over a pot of simmering water. Stir until melted and fully combined, then pour over the chilled caramel. Spread until the surface is evenly covered, then return to the fridge and leave to set for a further hour.
- Once set, sprinkle with sea salt and cut the shortbread into pieces. Serve or store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.