Microwave chocolate hazelnut mug cake
Fancy a quick and easy treat? Try this delicious cakes that takes only 10 minutes to create!
View the method
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk of your choice
- 1 Tbsp rice bran oil
- 2 Tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread
- Chopped hazelnuts and ice cream, optional
Tip: If you don’t have chocolate hazelnut spread, replace it with peanut butter for a delicious twist!
Back to ingredients
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder. Mix until fully combined. Add the egg, milk and oil, and stir fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a mug, then dollop the chocolate hazelnut spread into the center. Place the mug onto a plate, then cook in the microwave for 1 minute and 10 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave, sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts and serve with ice cream if desired. Alternatively, tip the cake into a bowl to serve.