Orange and almond cookies
These sweet, gluten free morsels are the perfect accompaniment to a cup of tea any time of the day! Flecked with orange zest, these almond biscuits are soft, chewy, and utterly delightful to eat.
View the method
- 2 egg whites
- 2 ¼ cups ground almonds
- 1 cup caster sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup icing sugar
Back to ingredients
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees celsius fan bake. In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites to soft peaks using a whisk or electric beater.
- Add the ground almonds, caster sugar, orange zest, vanilla and a pinch of salt, then fold until the ingredients are fully combined and have formed a thick mixture.
- Sieve the icing sugar onto a plate. Spoon heaped tablespoons of biscuit mixture then drop onto the icing sugar. Roll to cover in icing sugar, then roll into a ball in your hands.
- Place onto a lined baking tray, and press down to flatten slightly. Leave a 3-4cm space between each biscuit, and repeat with the remaining mixture. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until lightly golden on the edges.
- Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.