- 100g plain flour
- 30g Fairtrade cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 120g unrefined (golden) Fairtrade sugar
- ½ tbsp Fairtrade ground coffee
- 30g Whittakers Fairtrade Creamy Milk chocolate, roughly broken up
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 balls of stem ginger, finely chopped
1. Heat oven to 180°.
2. Sieve flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into the bowl of a food processor. Add sugar, coffee and chocolate. Process until finely ground.
3. Slowly pour in the beaten eggs and continue to process until mixture binds together into a firm dough. Carefully add milk by the teaspoonful if dough is too dry. Fold in the stem ginger.
4. On a floured surface, roll dough into a log and place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and turn down to 150°C. Allow log to cool, then, using a serrated knife, cut into 1cm wide slices.
6. Lie slices flat on baking sheet and return to oven for 15 minutes or until firm. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack