Pear and boysenberry shortcake
The fresh flavour of pears in this delicious shortcake is complimented with the sweetness of boysenberries. It's simple to make but looks and tastes amazing!
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup fine semolina
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 175 g butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp cold water or milk
- ½ cup Craig's Boysenberry Jam
- 410 g can Wattie's Pear Quarters in Clear Fruit Juice, drained
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Rub together flour, baking powder, semolina, caster sugar and butter in a mixing bowl until the mixture resembles crumbs.
3. Add beaten egg and water or milk and mix until the mixture forms small moist balls of dough. Take 2/3 of the mixture, lightly knead and press out to fit a 23cm diameter loose bottom tart tin.
4. Spread with Craig’s Boysenberry Jam, arrange sliced Wattie’s Pear Quarters evenly over jam. Scatter with remaining crumbled dough.
5. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack, cut into 12 pieces. Serve warm as a dessert with custard, yoghurt or cream, any leftovers will make popular lunch box fillers.