- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 (525g) pears, peeled, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
- 125g frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line a 20cm x 9.5cm x 7cm-deep (6 cup capacity) loaf pan with baking paper.
- Using an electric beater, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift flour over mixture. Add milk, pear and raspberries (make sure they are broken up). Using a large metal spoon, gently stir until combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and smooth top with the back of a wet spoon.
4. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until bread is cooked through when tested in the centre with a skewer.
5. Stand for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Slice and serve.