"This recipe I made for the first time about 2 years ago. When I first made them my lovely Kiwi son-in-law thought I had bought them so I knew they were a success."
View the method
- 500g plain flour
- 30g baking powder
- 85g caster sugar
- 85g butter
- 85g raspberries
- 1 egg
- Jam and clotted cream or thick cream
Back to ingredients
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Add caster sugar then rub in butter.
- Slowly add enough mlk to form a soft dough.
- Bring together, then kneed lightly on floured board and roll out to about 1 cm thick.
- Dot raspberries over half the dough then fold other half over to cover raspberries.
- Use a round cutter cut into scone shapes, place on baking paper and brush with whisked egg. Bake at 200 C for 20 mins. Serve with jam and thick cream
- Makes about 12 yummy scones.
- They also freeze really well.