Salmon egg slice
We’ve teamed up with Kate Ivey to bring you the tastiest recipes, that are not only delicious but healthy too.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 450g courgettes, shredded
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 100g smoked salmon (can be canned)
- Preheat oven to 175C and grease a baking dish (approx 20cm x 20cm) with the 1 teaspoon coconut oil.
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat and then add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Add the courgettes and spring onions, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until the vegetables are wilted and lightly browned. Cook for about 6-8 minutes until most of the moisture has cooked off. Let the mixture cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the eggs together with the dill, then mix in the smoked salmon. When the courgette and spring onions are mostly cool, pour them into the eggs, and stir until everything is well combined. Add the mixture to the baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the centre is set and not liquid.