There’s nothing like the smell of freshly baked cookies, and these S’Mores cookies are a fun take on a much loved camping favourite. Be prepared to see these cookies disappear before your eyes, these moreish morsels are made to be devoured.
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 20 marshmallows, or 10 halved large marshmallows
- In a bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugars. Once light and creamy, add the egg and vanilla, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour, salt and baking soda to the butter mixture. Use a wooden spoon to mix until a soft dough forms, then fold through the chopped chocolate.
- Take 2 heaped tablespoons of cookie dough, and press it around 1 marshmallow while keeping the top of the marshmallow exposed. Place onto a lined tray and repeat with the remaining dough. Place into the fridge to chill for 30-45 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius, fan bake. Arrange the cookies on a lined baking tray with at least 10cm space between each cookie, as they with flatten with baking.
- Place into the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden brown around the edges. Leave to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Optional step: to get a toasted marshmallow flavour, use a blowtorch to toast the marshmallow top on the baked cookie.