- 320ml lukewarm water
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 ½ tsp instant yeast
- 3 1/2 cups high grade flour
- 2 tsp salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- In a small bowl or jug, combine the water and caster sugar. Sprinkle the yeast over the water, stir lightly, and leave to sit for 5-10 minutes or until foamy.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Pour in the yeast mixture into the bowl, along with ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil and the chopped herbs.
- Knead by hand or on a low to medium speed, until the mixture forms a soft dough ball. Increase the speed, and knead for 5-10 minutes or until smooth and stretchy.
- Transfer the dough to a clean, oiled bowl. Cover, and leave to proof for around 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 210 degrees celsius fan bake. Tip the proofed dough into an oiled, ovenproof dish or lined tray. Using your hands, press the dough into a round or rectangular shape around 2-3cm thick, or to the shape of the baking dish.
- Press the cherry tomatoes into the surface of the dough, then sprinkle over the remaining chopped herbs. Drizzle with olive oil, then place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and hollow sounding when tapped on the surface.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before carving, season with sea salt and serve.