Beef chives and cashew stir fry
Simple stir fries are a winning option for busy weeknight meals, and the flavours of fresh chives and smokey beef shine in this recipe. Freshened up with bok choy and crunchy cashews, this dish is a luscious, family friendly meal!
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- ¼ cup salt reduced soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 Tbsp mirin or white vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Pams Rice bran oil
- 400g frying steak
- ½ brown onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 3 pak/bok choy, sliced
- ⅓ cup roasted cashews
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Cooked noodles or rice, to serve
- To make the stir fry sauce, mix together the cornflour and ¼ cup water in a bowl to form a slurry. Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, mirin and brown sugar, then stir well to combine. Season well with black pepper.
- Bring a large frying pan or wok to a medium to high heat. Drizzle a small amount of rice bran oil into the pan, then cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add the sliced onion and saute for 2-3 minutes or until the onion has begun to soften. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for another 1-2 minutes while stirring.
- Once fragrant, add the sliced bok choy and cashews to the pan. Stir to combine, then slice the steaks and return to the pan. Pour the sauce over the stir fry, and cook while stirring for a final 3-4 minutes or until the steak and bok choy is cooked through and tender.
- Fold the chopped chives through the stir fry, then transfer to a dish or serve alongside cooked noodles or steamed rice. Enjoy immediately.