Whether you’re low carb or simply looking to make your burgers a little bit lighter, our bunless burgers will do just the trick. Herbaceous beef patties are paired with crisp, fresh lettuce to create the ultimate burger base; a great option for any night of the week.
- 400g beef mince
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp + 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp fresh mixed herbs
- 4 slices cheddar or Swiss cheese
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 gherkins, diced
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 heaped tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- Rice bran oil
- Fancy or iceberg lettuce
- Sliced red onion
- Sliced tomato
- In a bowl, combine the beef mince, egg, panko breadcrumbs, 2 tsp garlic powder and chopped herbs. Season with salt and pepper, then mix well to combine. Shape into 4 even sized patties, then cover and rest for 15 minutes.
- Bring a frying pan to a medium heat with a light drizzle of oil. Cook the burger patties for 3-4 minutes each side, depending on thickness, or until golden in colour and slightly pink in the center. Lay a slice of cheese on top of each patty while warm, then set to the side.
- To make the sauce, mix together the mayonnaise, remaining garlic powder, gherkins, vinegar, mustard and paprika. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the burgers by laying an even layer or lettuce into a bowl. Place one burger patty on top of the lettuce, then top with sliced red onion and tomato.
- Drizzle the sauce over the burgers, then serve immediately.