Natural wheat bran, the main ingredient in Kellogg’s® All-Bran®, is a concentrated source of fibre. Adding a small amount to a dish can really help boost the overall fibre of the meal. With these recipes you’ll see just how versatile this simple breakfast cereal can be.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green capsicum, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/2-1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 400g tomato puree, preferably salt-free
- 250ml (1 cup) beef stock, preferably reduced salt
- 60g (3/4 cup) All-Bran® Original
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 small avocado diced
- 1/2 red chilli, chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- To Serve:
- 8 wholemeal tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened. Add the beef and cook, stirring until brown. Add the garlic, capsicum and cumin and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- To prepare the salad combine all the ingredients.
- Roll the meat filling in the tortilla with salad and lettuce.