Caramelised onion beef burger
Burgers are always a family crowd pleaser, and this beef burger is no different. Taken to new heights with golden caramelised onions, peppery rocket and a tangy mustard mayonnaise; say goodbye to takeaways and hello to your new go-to.
- Summer BBQ
- 500g beef mince
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of chilli powder
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 10g butter
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 brioche burger buns
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 cups fresh rocket
- In a bowl, combine the mince, worcestershire, chilli powder and seasoning. Mix well, and form into 4 patties. Set aside.
- Bring a pan to a low medium heat, and add the onions, thyme and butter. Caramelise for 15-20 minutes or until translucent and golden brown. Season to taste.
- Toast the burger buns by spreading lightly with mayonnaise, then browning in a heated pan. Cook the patties in a hot pan, for 3-4 minutes each side. Once flipped, top with the sliced swiss cheese and leave to melt.
- To build the burgers, mix together the mayonnaise and mustard. Spread the buns with the sauce, then top the base with a pattie. Spoon the caramelised onions on top, then follow with rocket. Place the lid on the burger and serve.