Chargrilled eye fillet with asparagus salad
Simplicity at its best, this herby chargrilled eye fillet with asparagus will leave your guests wanting more! Showcasing the best of our local in-season produce, the asparagus salad dressed with lemon & parmesan sings and pairs perfectly with the beautiful beef.
- 1.5kg - 2kg eye fillet
- Pams Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 cup freshly chopped herbs of your choice
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1 cup rocket
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 220 ̊C fan bake. Pat the eye fillet dry with a paper towel, then place onto a large plate or board. Drizzle with olive oil, then season well with salt and pepper.
- Place onto a grill pan or barbecue preheated to a high heat and sear on each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden in colour. Transfer to a baking dish, then brush the entire surface of the eye fillet with dijon mustard.
- Lay the fresh herbs onto a large plate, then roll the eye fillet into the herbs. Return to the baking dish, and place into the oven to cook for 20 minutes for rare, or up to 30 minutes for medium rare. Once cooked, cover with foil and set aside to rest for 15 minutes.
- To prepare the salad, trim the asparagus and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Grill for 1/2 minutes each side until just tender, then set aside.
- In a bowl, toss the rocket in lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Arrange the cooked asparagus and rocket on a serving plate, then tear the mozzarella and place around the asparagus.
- Sprinkle the parmesan and parsley over the salad, then serve alongside the eye fillet and enjoy.
A bit bancy
Take your eye fillet to the next level by serving with a homemade herb & garlic butter sauce.
Serve your main with a pre-made salad mix from your local New World and cover with a bottled dressing of your choice.