Chinese-inspired slow cooked beef
This tender Chinese-inspired slow cooked beef is not to be missed! Pams Honey Soy Simmer Sauce acts as a luscious base, amplified with Chinese five spice, garlic and chilli for an added flavour boost that will leave your guests asking for seconds.
- ¼ cup Pams plain flour
- 1 Tbsp Chinese five spice
- 1kg beef chuck or rump steak, diced
- Pams rice bran oil
- 2 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 jar Pams Honey Soy Simmer Sauce
- 1 cup beef stock
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius fan bake. In a bowl, mix together the plain flour and Chinese five spice with salt and pepper.
- Toss the diced beef in the seasoned flour. Place an ovenproof frying pan or cast iron dish over medium to high heat, and drizzle generously with oil. Sear the beef until golden on all sides, cooking in batches if required.
- Drain any excess oil from the pan, then return all beef to the pan. Add the garlic cloves and half of the sliced chilli, stir to combine, then add the simmer sauce, beef stock and vinegar.
- Cover and bake for 3 hours, or until the beef is tender. Once tender, transfer to a serving dish if desired and garnish with the remaining sliced chilli and spring onion.
Skill level: Easy
Chef's tip: Serve this delicious slow cooked beef with Pams Hokkien or Udon noodles and Asian greens for a flavoursome and complete meal.