Corned beef stew
"This recipe is meaty, filling and very tasty. I have been cooking it for my family for twenty years in Whangarei, Northland, NZ. It has become a True Family Favourite I feel would be loved around the world!"
- 1 Tin of Hellabys Corned Meat
- 1 Red Spanish Onion OR White Onion
- 1 tsp of White Flour
- Knob Of Butter
- Water from cooked Peas & Beans
- Black Pepper
- Toasted OR Fresh Buns
- Fry onion in butter using a medium to large sized pot.
- Cook for a few minutes then add the tinned corned beef (trim fat if desired).
- Add black pepper.
- Cook through mixing in the pea & bean water.
- Add teaspoon of flour mixing through to thickin.
- Cook for another few minutes.
- Serve on Toast or Fresh Buns with Mashed Potatoe, Peas & Beans, an Egg(s) and your pickle of choice. A very tasty meal!