Easy slow cooker beef chilli
This slow cooker friendly beef chilli is a crowd pleaser, that takes minimum effort for maximum flavour. This delicious, hearty meal is the also perfect recipe to meal prep on the weekend, to set you up for an easy week ahead.
- Slow Cooker
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 400g beef mince
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 400g tinned kidney beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp taco or Mexican seasoning
- 2 x 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- Sour cream, grated cheese and/or fresh coriander to finish
Serve with: rice, baked potatoes or tortillas
TIP: use leftover chilli to make enchiladas, tacos or stuffed capsicums!
- Bring a generous drizzle of olive oil to a medium heat in a large frying pan. Add the diced onions, and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the mince, and cook for 4-5 minutes, breaking up with a spoon or spatula.
- Transfer the mince and onion to a slow cooker. Add the grated carrot, kidney beans, taco seasoning and tinned tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, and stir well to combine.
- Place the lid on top of the slow cooker, and set on auto. Leave to cook for 5-6 hours.
- Serve the chilli topped with grated cheese and sour cream, alongside cooked rice, baked potatoes or tortillas. If desired, freeze in airtight containers once cooled, or leave in the fridge for up to 4 days.