- 500g beef mince
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup honey & soy simmer sauce
- 2 cups cooked white rice – a good way to use up leftover rice!
- 1 carrot, grated or peeled into ribbons
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Add a splash of oil to a large fry pan over medium high heat and cook the beef mince, breaking up with a wooden spoon for 8 minutes, or until browned. Add the garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the simmer sauce, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until the rice is heated through and everything is combined.
- Place the rice mixture in the lettuce leaves and top with carrot and spring onion. Serve immediately.
Top tip: turn up the flavour by garnishing with crushed peanuts and fresh herbs!