Gluten-free mustard and garlic crust roast beef
If you're on the hunt for an easy entertaining option, look no further than this gluten-free mustard and garlic-crusted roast beef! Served with your pick of vegetable sides, this family-favourite makes a truly scrumptious Sunday lunch.
- 1.5kg Quality Mark beef topside (also known as a topside roast)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- ¼ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup wholegrain mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Take topside roast out of the fridge for 1 hour before cooking to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 230°C.
- Season the roast with 1 tsp salt and black pepper.
- Heat 1 tbs of oil in a heavy frying pan and sear 1-2 minutes per side browned.
- Place the rest of the ingredients into a bowl with 1 tsp salt and mix until combined.
- Put the seared topside roast onto a rack on a baking tray and spread thickly with the crust mixture.
- Place into the oven and roast for 20 minutes at 230°C.
- Turn heat down to 170°C and roast for a further 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and and rest for 15 minutes.
- Gently remove ties and carve.
- Serve with your favourite vegetable sides.