Honey soy steak roti rolls
There is nothing better than the warming smells of a slow cooked meal, and these honey soy steak roti rolls are the perfect meal to transition into the colder months. Our tender honey soy beef sits perfectly in a warmed roti with a crispy slaw; what’s not to love!
- Rice bran or olive oil
- 1kg rump steak, diced
- 1 jar Pams Soy and Honey Simmer Sauce
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 3 cups store bought slaw
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp white or rice wine vinegar
- 6 Pams Plain or Garlic Roti
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Place a frying pan over a medium to high heat with a generous drizzle of oil. Add half of the diced steak to the pan, and sear until brown on all sides. Remove from the pan, set aside, and repeat with the remaining meat.
- Once all the beef has browned, lower the heat and return to the pan. Add the diced onion and ginger, then cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker, then pour the Pams Soy and Honey Simmer Sauce into the dish and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours or until the beef is tender. Once cooked, use two forks to lightly shred the meat and mix through the remaining sauce.
- Once the beef has cooked, prepare the slaw for the roti rolls. Whisk together the mayonnaise and vinegar, then add the slaw and toss to coat. Season to taste.
- Warm the roti in a pan or microwave then lay onto a plate. Spoon some of the cooked steak onto the roti, followed by the slaw. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and fresh coriander, then serve and enjoy.
SKILL LEVEL: EASY