We've put a fresh twist on classic meatloaf with this fabulous high-fibre version.
View the method
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 small zucchini (courgette), trimmed, grated
- 50g lean bacon, trimmed, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g beef mince
- 300g pork mince
- 75g (1 cup) All-Bran® Original, plus 2 tbsp extra for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, lightly toasted, plus 1 tbsp extra
- 60g (. cup) finely chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley or basil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
Back to ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 160°C fan forced. Spray a 7cm deep, 10 x 21cm (base measurement) loaf tin with olive oil.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, zucchini (courgette) and bacon, cook stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute more. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Place the onion mixture, mince, All-Bran® Original, pine nuts, tomatoes, herbs, mustard and the egg in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Using clean hands, mix ingredients until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared tin, smooth surface with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle the top with extra pine nuts.
- Cover with foil, bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and return to the oven for a further 20 minutes or until firm to touch and juices run clear when tested with a skewer.
- Remove and set aside for 10 minutes, before removing from the tin and cutting into thick slices.
- Serve topped with 1 tablespoon All-Bran® Original, combined with extra chopped parsley or basil leaves.