- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 x 300g scotch steaks, room temperature
- 1 pineapple
- ¼ cup sliced jalapeño peppers from a jar and 2 tbsp of the brine
- 1 red onion, diced
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 8 Pams White Tortillas
- Mix the paprika and cumin together with a teaspoon of salt and a good amount of pepper and rub spices over the steaks.
- Slice the flesh of the pineapple into wedges, cutting out and discarding the tough core.
- Dry fry the pineapple for 4 minutes while turning occasionally. Remove and put aside.
- In an extra hot frying pan add a knob of butter and sear steak for 2 minutes each side for rare, or cook to your liking. Remove steak and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the pineapple and jalapeños finely and place into a bowl. Add the jalapeño brine, red onion and coriander and toss to combine.
- Slice steak against the grain and serve immediately with warm tortillas and the pineapple salsa.
For extra flavour, add a clove of sliced garlic to the pan when cooking the steak.
For those non-coriander fans, substitute the herb for mint and serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime.