Mini beef wellingtons
"Beef rolled up with liver pate in a pastry package."
- 3 Beef Schnitzels, cut in half
- Liver Pate
- 1 tin mushrooms in butter sauce
- Ready rolled flaky or puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk with a little water to glaze pastry
- Tenderise schnitzel by bashing with a rolling pin.
- Spread with liver pate.
- Spread mushroom in sauce over pate leaving 1 tablespoon to mix with gravy (optional).
- Roll out pastry and place mixture in centre of square of pastry.
- Shape into a parcel.
- Before baking brush with egg yolk glaze.
- Bake 15 minutes in a very hot oven 230 degrees. Lower to 180 degress for 15 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables or season salad.