"This is an easy meal to make and I created this after trying Moroccan beef at a tavern. I've made this a few times with finely sliced beef and also lamb mince. My family enjoys it also."
- 500 grams mince
- 1 large onion
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tin Watties Moroccan style tomatoes
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 potato peeled & chopped
- 1 or 2 carrots peeled & chopped or sliced
- Or any other seasonal veg
- 2 tsp Masterfoods Moroccan seasoning or to taste
- 1 tsp mint
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Small slice lemon peel finely chopped & some juice of lemon
- Fruit if desired 1 apple peeled chopped
- Few dried apricots & prunes
- Brown mince in large pan, with onions & garlic.
- Add spices and herbs.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover & simmer till vegetables are tender, & sauce is thicken.
- Add thickening if needed.
- Serve on Couscous
- For 4 people 2 cups couscous In large Jug .
- Add pinch Moroccan spice , hot water or stock to well cover the couscous, squeeze lemon , salt, pepper to taste. Leave to stand few min then fluff up with fork .
- Serve hot beef over it on warmed plates, & top with spoon sour cream if desired & sprinkle with parsley.